Thursday, March 12, 2009

How I killed my favorite Green Shirt

I have had this green shirt for a very long time, much longer than what I should have.  It had lost it's shape, had a few bleach spots and was overall not very attractive.  Bu tI still wore it, all the time.  I wore it Saturday night when we had friends over for dinner and to play the Wii.  


Then, just before dinner as I was setting out the salad, I got out the new bottle of Vinaigrette I had bought.  It looked delicious and I couldn't wait to try it.  Bekah, Missy and I were chatting about something and I flipped open the top of the dressing bottle to see that pesky little white seal.  You know the one that is on mustard and mayo bottles, the one that seals the bottle.  So, I have to remove the top to take that seal off.  We are still chatting about something that probably seemed very important at the time.  Without looking down I remove the top, then think to myself it is Vinagarette might as well shake it while I am standing here and then I thought I had died.  My world went black, my eyes were burning.  Then I hear everyone start laughing and I am trying to blindly find my way to the sink.  Apparently that pesky little white seal had stuck to the lid and when I shook the bottle full force, nothing was covering the top.  I basically threw vinegar into my eyes.  Yes it hurt, it burned for a few hours.  Not only did I shake it into my eyes, but I managed to hit Bekah right across the face and the front of her shirt.  Thank goodness she wears glasses, although it took forever to remove the oil residue from the lenses.  Missy wasn't standing as close by, but she still got it on her shirt.  There was dressing all over the floor, ceiling, my cabinets, the other food setting out in the kitchen.  Once we realized what happened I laughed harder than I have in a very long time.  I am still finding dressing in odd places in the kitchen :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I still love you!!!