Sunday, April 5, 2009

Moonlight



For my friends not on Okinawa, or those here that didn't see it. The moon had an interesting ring around it last night. Just a little before 8 we noticed it. I tried to take a few pictures, but it was only clear for a moment then clouds started covering it. These all had a 15 second shutter speed and I was holding the camera. Well, actually I was lying on the ground with the camera on my face trying to hold it steady.

I found this website that gave a little bit of info on what causes the ring. The boys found it very interesting, as did the adults!

The picture was taken after the clouds moved in.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Cool...never seen anything like that.

rgshrs said...

Very cool. Love seeing things like the ring around the moon, northern lights etc, makes me just a little home sick. Not enough to make me move back to the frozen north, but a little bit. ;) LOL